- This event has passed.
Job Application & Interview Skills for Public Sector Training
September 9, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
A practical and easy to understand Job Application and Interview Skills course that gives you the best possible chance of getting a job in the Public or Private Sectors. This course has been widely presented to over 6,000 Public Sector participants across the country and metropolitan NSW.
What does the Course Cover?
• NSW Government GSE Act 2013 compliant – explains and works through the post-GSE Act process
• Understanding the Public Sector selection process and what it means for your application
• How to effectively apply for almost any role/job under the NSW Capability Framework. Has also been successfully adapted to other State, Federal & Local Government Capability Frameworks.
• Tools to use when writing an Expression Of Interest or a limited length application
• Targeted Questions and Covering Letters for NSW Government (examples provided)
• Highly practical behavioural interview skills, techniques, and tools to answer questions & improve interview performance (Public & Private Sectors)
• Overcoming anxiety and nerves
• How to make a good first (and last!) impression
• Referees – selecting and getting the best from them
• How to prepare a Best Practice CV/résumé that works (Public and Private Sectors)
• Developing CV/resumes for Private and Public Sector applications
• Includes a best practice CV/resume template for all participants
• All skills are equally applicable to the Private Sector