- This event has passed.
Webinar – Writing your best Résumé/ CV – Public Sector – Simon Smith
June 28, 2018 @ 11:45 am - 12:45 pm$59
This highly practical 1-hour webinar will give you practical tips & tools to ensure you write your best CV/résumé and maximise your chances of getting invited for the interview!
“Simon simplified what I previously viewed as a complicated and overwhelming process. He clearly explained and walked us through a wide range of tools that I can employ when I must apply for a job” Administrator, NSW Office of Sport (attended our recent Targeted Questions webinar)
In this information-packed, interactive webinar:
- Simon will talk you through a proven, best practice CV/résumé template, outlining the practical dos & don’ts of constructing your CV
- You’ll be emailed an editable MS Word copy of the CV template afterwards
- How to tailor your CV/résumé to answer the Focus and other Capabilities (or equivalent for a non-Capability Framework application)
- Also highly applicable to applying for roles in the Private Sector, NGOs and Not-for-Profit organisations
- Why Achievements are so important and practical tips to write them
- Why the first 2 pages of your CV are so important and how to address that
- How to give the best evidence to the panel/employer to demonstrate your expertise
- Lots more tips & tricks!
Your CV/résumé is a critical part of your Government application. For the Private Sector, it IS your application (this webinar will also be extremely valuable if you’re applying for Private Sector roles).
Gone are the days when your CV/résumé was more of a necessary evil that you sent in addition to your [long!] response addressing Selection Criteria for a NSW Government role!
Now you need to make sure your CV/résumé tells the panel YOU are the person for the role, and they need to interview you!
We all know competition for Government jobs is becoming fiercer. It’s like a race – you want need to win!
Often the margin for coming first in The Job Race is very slim …any edge you can get may be the 1/100th of a second that gets YOU over the line first!
This highly practical 1-hour webinar will ensure you write your best CV/résumé to give you that edge and maximise your chances of getting invited for the interview!
“Simon was such an engaging presenter. I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and learnt so much.”
Webinar Participant, August 2017
Whether you’re in a temporary role applying for permanent position, in a permanent role already but looking to move, or new to the Government application process, this webinar will give you best practice, practical tools you can apply to write the best resume!
Webinar – after registration & payment, you will receive a link to join the webinar at the specified time and date.
So, join us on this webinar and get highly practical tools and tips you can apply immediately, as well as a free best practice example of a resume after the webinar.