This weeks’ theme is Leadership on a personal and professional level, in particular the importance of the role of Executive Coaching in the development of competent leaders.
Additionally, and from a totally different angle, we’re sharing the link to an interview with Southern Cross Coaching & Development’s National Business Development Manager Nicolien Timmer, about her experience of working with us while facing family expansion as well.
This week’s Hot Links:
- Every Manager Needs to Practice Two Types of Coaching – a HBR article about the importance of managers having regular coaching sessions with employees, and also the importance of developing coaching skills in managers:
- Learning to be awesome at anything you do, including being a leader – Can we learn to lead, or is leadership something we’re born with? In this thought-provoking talk, Tasha Eurich shares a prescription to be not just awesome at leadership, but anything else you want to improve:
- Leadership and Executive Coaching – Author Phil Hayes and Matt Driver discuss the benefits of using executive coaching in the workplace:
The Respectful Leader by Gregg Ward will help you recognize the power of respect and show you how to create a winning culture based on Respectful Leadership:
- Discover the key behaviours used by respectful leaders to significantly impact morale.
- Learn how to adjust your own and others’ attitudes to boost productivity, teamwork, and profits.
- Grow personally and professionally by leading from a place of mutual respect and consideration.
A bonus link about working at Southern Cross Coaching & Development
- Big employers’ parental leave preferred – Southern Cross Coaching & Development’s National Business Development Manager, Nicolien Timmer, shares her story with Sylvia Pennington of ANZ Women, about maternity leave in a smaller business environment: http://www.women.anz.com/the-conversation/big-employers-parental-leave-preferred
Since this article was published, we are very pleased to announce that little Nina was born on Saturday 29th October and experienced her first Trick or Treating outing at just 2 days old! If you’d like to send on your congratulations to Nicolien at firstname.lastname@example.org we will ensure that all of your messages are forwarded on to her!
Here at Southern Cross Coaching & Development we’re constantly being asked to recommend interesting articles, blogs and talks which explore the subjects we are all passionate about: leadership, personal & professional development, individual growth, neuroscience, and coaching.
To meet this growing requirement and to save you time sifting through the haystack for a few needles, we’ve decided to take the time to curate an exciting selection of links to specific articles, books and videos that we know will add value and feed your passion.
We’ll take the time so you don’t have to:-).
Like you, we love sharing our passion for these ground-breaking topics; we are always open to new thinking and we’re keen to learn along with you… so please send anything, links, articles, suggestions for discussion, anything you think will inspire us and our growing community.
For an informal discussion to explore how Southern Cross Coaching & Development can assist you or your people in becoming your ‘best selves’, call us on (02) 7901 5618 or email us at email@example.com
The Team at Southern Cross Coaching & Development
Making the world a better place through better leadership™