Our Hot Links topic for this week is Career Development and Performance Improvement at work.
We hope these links will assist you in encouraging and providing the space for you and your staff to thrive. This is not only beneficial to the individual, but also to the team, the culture, the business, and all other areas related to the organisation and overall performance.
On an personal level it is important to set career goals, and ideally you are working in an organisation whose business goals match your career goals, as well as your values and beliefs.
According to Simon Sinek, an inspirational speaker who’s visiting Sydney next year, it is important to know within yourself “why” you do things. Once you know your “why” is important to connect to people with a similar “why”, as this creates a level of “trust”. In one of this week’s featured video’s below he explains this well, when he speaks about the importance of believing in our work, as well as believing in the people we work with. It can make a big difference in our performance if we have these things aligned in our career.
We are looking forward to having Simon Sinek here in Sydney on 7th of March 2017!
If you are interested in seeing Simon Sinek live in Sydney, we can offer Early Bird Registrations through the SCC&D community.
If you missed our previous email invitation to see Simon Sinek, you can find all of the details here on our website.
Please note that early bird registrations are available up until the 16th December through the Southern Cross Coaching & Development offer!
Or simply give us a call on 02 7901 5618 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to hear more about how we can assist you and/or your business.
This week’s Hot Links to Learning
- “First Why and then Trust” – Simon Sinek – Through his struggle to rediscover his excitement about life and work, Simon made some profound realizations and began helping his friends and their friends to find their “why”. In this TED Talk Simon takes the next step, towards “trust”: https://youtu.be/4VdO7LuoBzM
- The Happy Secret to Better Work – Shawn Achor – We believe that we should work to be happy, but could that be backwards? In this fast-moving and entertaining talk from TEDxBloomington, psychologist Shawn Achor argues that actually happiness inspires productivity: https://youtu.be/fLJsdqxnZb0
- How to Set Your Career Goals – a short message about the importance of, and how to set goals for your career (Kelly Services): http://www.kellyservices.com.au/AU/Careers/my-Career-Centre/How-to-Set-Career-Goals/#.WD5VNPl97s0
- As You Start Your Career, Focus on People Skills – A Harvard Business Review article about the importance of communication and people skills in your career progression and performance. It is originally written for graduates, however it is applicable to anyon’e career: https://hbr.org/2014/04/as-you-start-your-career-focus-on-people-skills
- 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late in Life – There’s more too life than just working, but it is a big part of our lives. This article considers 10 tips that could make your work and career more enjoyable. And who would not want to do that!?: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-important-career-lessons-most-people-learn-too-late-bernard-marr?trk=hp-feed-article-title-like
We hope that with this week’s selection, we have saved you some time again in sifting through the haystack for a few needles. We’re confident that these articles will add value to your knowledge about improving your career and performance.
At Southern Cross Coaching & Development we offer a range Career and Performance Improvement options, which we run for client groups in an organisation. The courses are aimed to assist and develop Leaders and Managers in giving and receiving feedback, and managing for optimal performance.
All of our Coaching programs are delivered through a frame of Neuroscience.
Like you, we love sharing our passion for ground-breaking topics related to professional development; we are always open to new thinking and we’re keen to learn along with you… So please send anything, links, articles, suggestions for discussion, anything you think will inspire us and our growing community.
For an informal discussion to explore how Southern Cross Coaching & Development can assist you or your people with becoming their ‘best selves’, call us on (02) 7901 5618 or email us at email@example.com
The Team at Southern Cross Coaching & Development
Making the world a better place through better leadership™