INTERVIEWS AND CAREER
Our career development expertise is very sought after, especially in Government, and includes career assessment training programs, Career Coaching and a range of practical psychometric assessments, as well as practical Recruitment and Behavioural Interview training to help organisations recruit the best staff. We help people work out what they really want to be doing with their careers as well as work out – and execute – a plan to achieve what they want to achieve.
We’re acknowledged experts in this field. We get results. Our clients continually invite us back. Many of our team have worked for career development/outplacement agencies and/or recruitment companies, as well as serving on recruitment selection panels.
We’ve delivered our Job Application and Interview Skills program to thousands of people across the Public Sector, with an average rating of 92%. It is always in our top 3 most popular programs.
01Job Application and Interview Skills
A practical and easy to understand Job Application and Interview Skills course that gives you the best possible chance of getting a job in the Public or Private Sectors.
This course has been widely presented to over 4,500 Public Sector participants across country and metropolitan NSW. It includes the following topics:
- Understanding the Public Sector selection process and what it means for your application
- NSW Government GSE Act 2013 compliant – explains and works through the post-GSE Act process
- How to effectively apply for almost any role/job under the NSW Capability Framework. This course can be adapted to any State or Local Government
- Tools to use when writing an Expression Of Interest or a limited length application
- Targeted Questions and Covering Letters for NSW Government (examples provided)
- Highly practical behavioural interview skills to improve interview techniques (Public and Private Sectors)
- Practical behavioural interview skills, techniques and tools to answer questions
- Overcoming anxiety and nerves
- How to make a good first (and lasting!) impression
- Referees – selecting and getting the best from them
- Using the Job NSW website and tips on how to tailor your searches
- How to prepare a Best Practice CV/resume that works (Public and Private Sectors)
- Developing CV/resumes for Private and Public Sector applications
- It includes a best practice CV/resume template for all participants
- All skills are equally applicable to the Private Sector
02Assessing and Progressing your Career
This course gives participants valuable time and a structured framework for self-reflection and internal contemplation, that can be continued after the course. The tools are very practical and have been proven in many different scenarios from non-management staff to executives.
Our Assessing and Progressing Your Career program includes a psychometric assessment to assess participants’ personal Values and Motives (the GeneSys Values and Motives Indicator), as well as the tools to assess their current skills base and to work out their key criteria for what they want in a future role. It also helps them gain insights into what they’re working for, and some of the reasons why.
This training program will:
- Help participants assess what they want and need in their current/future career
- Includes a Values and Motives Indicator psychometric assessment
- Can also include the Occupational Interest Profile+ assessment, if participants are looking for a whole new career direction
- Help participants get clear on their technical, transferable and personal skills
- Identify skills gaps participants may have, and discuss a possible plan to bridge those gaps
- Get participants working on a pro-active, practical job search plan
- Help participants set a career goal and take action towards that direction
- Provide tools and accountability to help participants get into action to achieve their career aspirations
03Effective Recruitment and Behavioural Interview Skills
Effective Recruitment and Behavioural Interview Skills is a program designed to help employers get in control of their workforce by developing a knowledge base of interview skills which allow for effective recruitment to take place sooner rather than later.
What can this program achieve?
- The building and fostering of a well balanced and integrated workforce
- A strong knowledge of behavioural interview questions
- The skills and techniques to run and control interviews
- Techniques used to settle nerves and determining the “do’s and don’t’s” of interviewing
- Confidence in setting criteria and/or applying criteria
- The ability to distinguish between candidates who fulfill or do not fulfill such criteria, to and form short lists efficiently
- Techniques in reference checking
- Selection of the best candidate quickly and easily
- Provided unsuccessful candidates with useful and appropriate feedback
Understanding how the brain can help manage and develop strategies to maximise our brains
One on one Career Coaching is always uniquely tailored to each individual depending on specific needs. It is ideal for any individual at any level, who wishes to receive specific, tailored, individual assistance from an expert Career Coach.
Individual career coaching is also invaluable if you need help with improvement your performance in interviews, or tailoring your resume to apply for a specific role.
Your coach will assist you in getting better results with pretty much anything involved in the Job Application and Interview Skills process
- This course will assist in the development or improvement of a specific job application or expression of interest
- It includes working with the NSW Capability Framework (and other States, Federal and Local Government Frameworks)
- It addresses applications for Public and Private Sector
- It includes the development or ‘polishing up’ of your own personal CV, including tailoring it to a specific job application
- It addresses interview skills and practice for a specific job application
- It includes tools such as how to overcome nerves, improve self confidence, and making a great first impression