03 Training for Recruitment Panel Members
Tailored to each Public Sector organisation, this super-practical training program equips Local, State, and Federal Government panel members with the practical skills to competently and confidently do their best job as a panel member. Human-experience orientated and adapted to the NSW (or any other) Capability Framework, it covers the entire process from planning, Merit Selection, team and cultural fit, shortlisting (with a practical exercise), conducting behavioural interviews, rules of evidence, feedback to unsuccessful applicants, report writing and more.
What does this program achieve?
- Understanding the organisation’s specific selection process, including Merit Selection
- Planning the selection process ‒ including values, team and cultural fit
- Short listing applicants including CV/resume as an application, Targeted Questions and written claims against the Focus and other Capabilities in the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework (NOTE: the program can be adapted to almost any organisation’s Capability Framework)
- Conducting behavioural interviews in a human-centric way to get the best out of applicants
- Techniques used to settle nerves, the “do’s and don’t’s” of interviewing, overcoming The Halo Effect
- Effective reference checking
- Providing respectful and useful feedback to unsuccessful applicants
- Evidence for Report Writing