Our Team Building speciality is successfully turning around dysfunctional teams where there is significant under performance, or high levels of conflict and lack of communication and productivity.
Our agile Team Building solutions include nimble app-based gamification challenges through to strategic facilitation and L.E.A.N Six Sigma methodologies. On or off-site, our expert team will get results.
One of our big advantages is we relate the Team Building observations and relate these back to the workplace. Unlike some Team Building events, the learning from our programs doesn’t stop when everyone goes home. We enable people to continue it back in the office, and to become more aware of their own working practices and those of their colleagues.
We’ve successfully turned around dysfunctional, high conflict, poorly performing, siloed teams with little structure and poor communication, into best practice management. We also succeeded in working with already high performing teams, and guiding them to even greater levels of achievement.
01Team Management and Facilitation
This program will assist participants in developing practical skills to build strengths within their team. It explores the key motivators of the team and the individuals, and focus on building trust, communication, gaining group/individual commitment, developing accountability, conflict management, and achieving results together.
Expected learning outcomes:
- Understand yourself and your team. Build trust and develop team accountabilities
- Enhance your communication abilities
- Create a shared vision
- Understand Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Develop better communication across the team using EQ
- Create a results- focused team
In addition to engaged team training, we offer individual coaching and psychometric assessments, which can assist managers to enhance their management styles.
02Conflict Resolution – Dealing with Difficult People
Our Managing Conflict – Dealing with Difficult People Training offers best practice conflict management solutions, practical tools, tips, methods and frameworks that actually work.
We’ve run this training for a wide range of teams and with different scenarios, from front line client/counter/customer service staff, to field operatives in a range of roles.
The training equips participants to be proactive and constructive when, and before problems arise.
This program is proven to get results for participants experiencing situations such as the following:
- Teams and individuals working in a high pressure environment with very challenging client service/customer facing roles, both counter, and in the field based
- Staff dealing with frequent confrontation from difficult clients (internal and external)
- Severe conflict in the working environment amongst individuals and teams
- Mediating threats of disciplinary action, or calling in the unions
- Ongoing, unreasonable behaviour often resulting in heated discussions
- Teams working as a group of individuals, rather than as a team
- Divided teams prone to complaining, gossiping, and moaning
- Managers dealing with fractious teams divided by conflict
- Teams who have recently been through changes that have left a negative impact on relations and the overall team environment
- Managers dealing with difficult individuals, who are keen to bring the wider team on board collaboratively and constructively
- Individuals prone to defensiveness who desire techniques to better manage their state in the work place environment
- Individuals dealing frequently with challenging team members, clients, or customers, who need ways to address issues and move forwards effectively
03Team Strategy, Planning and Facilitation Sessions
Our speciality is successfully changing behaviours in teams that experience significant under performance or conflict.
Team strategy, planning and facilitation sessions can be applied to many areas in which a group of executives need assistance or development. These sessions are also for leaders and their teams that work well together, to understand what they do well, what they need to improve, what actions need to be taken, by when, and who is responsible.
It is of particular benefit when a combined team approach, message, and standard management practice needs to be agreed. For example when their needs to be:
- An agreement on a management message
- When behaviours need to be set for a common culture/values
- When a common change management practice needs to be implemented
- A performance improvement, as well team development and leadership development at all levels
- A solution for many organisational problems, including facilitating key strategy and action plans
04Team Building Events – Social Scavenger
A team building day (or 1/2 day), using our innovative Social Scavenger Smart-phone based app, engages the team as they complete a series of short, fun, highly interactive challenges, all under time pressure (we can make it as competitive as you like!).
The challenges appear relatively simple, yet they incorporate the principles of neuroscience and are designed to bring out all the team’s dynamics and behaviours in a non-threatening, mildly competitive and fun environment, which involves and engages every team member.
The challenges are completed by uploading a photo or short video before the team moves on to the next game. In between a series of challenges we’ll get the group to debrief, which encourages learning and bonding within teams.
05Managing for Optimal Team Performance
This course emphasises how to create a positive, enabling, strengths-based team culture where people are recognised for a job well done, and given practical support to develop, maintain and improve their team when needed. This program will proactively reduce current, as well as minimise future incidences of team under-performance.
The course equips participants to lead their teams through a practice of extremely practical team empowerment and communication-based management. This enables managers to set up a systematic, yet very human and practical approach, to create clear goals for team members, and achieve clarity around expectations. Thus diminishing the potential for conflict, and proactively eliminating and preventing many of the factors that can lead to poor team performance. As a results it will optimise and fuel a team’s productivity, and boost team performance.
06Team Communication and Development
Team members must develop trust, since it is not always automatically present. Accordingly, members must communicate more openly than they normally would in everyday life. There must be honesty on all ends of the team, since withholding the truth could damage the team’s integrity. Team members should always share information and feelings between each other. This allows for total trust between the team members.
Research has found that three or more people working together on a project are much more effective than a single person spending all of his time doing the same thing. However, without communication, the three-plus team members can be as useless as if the project went untouched.
Benefits of good communication
Teams that communicate complete projects in a quicker and more efficient amount of time than others. They also are more accurate in their work than others. Effective communication also allows team members to understand their roles and the roles of everyone else on the team. It gives room for understanding among the team members for what needs to be done.
Consequences of lack of communication
Teams that fail to communicate effectively, wind up wasting time and energy doing busy work and other work that is not required because of a lack of understanding of what needs to be done. The team members possibly misunderstand each other and their personalities. This often leads to conflict within the group and a lack of trust between group members. Team members in groups that fail to communicate effectively, wind up not understanding what could make themselves more efficient, because they fail to get feedback from everyone else in the group.
Recipe for successful communication
Research shows that good communication, mixed with strong organizational support, competence among the group leaders, and clear group objectives, can lead to the highest level of success in teams. Among those factors, good communication has shown to be the most important for success.
Practical communication skills to deal with different personality types in the workplace. This includes:
- An easy to understand individual psychometric personality assessment for each participant
- How to assess others to understand their personality types
- How to practically apply the understanding to tailor and adapt your verbal and written communication styles to your manager and key stakeholders to get the best results
- Role plays and interactive practice to embed the techniques
- Active listening
- Clarification and understanding
- Questioning techniques
- A brain-based approach: understanding the brain to get the best outcomes
- Role plays and interactive practice to embed the techniques