Coaching Culture and Engagement
Hierarchical, tell-people-what-to-do type leadership structures are breaking down right across the Private Sector and Public Sector. The old leadership models where senior leaders have the knowledge and tell people what to do is rapidly changing. Today, we need leaders who empower the people around them and facilitate those people to do their own thinking and come up with their own solutions most of the time.
When leaders keep telling people what to do people stop thinking for themselves. People stop taking personal responsibility and we see ‘its not my problem’ and ‘someone else will deal with it’ cultures. People become disengaged; performance drops. Or people move somewhere where they have the freedom and autonomy to shine!
When leaders tell people what to do, people inevitably come to leaders more and more asking for solutions. Leaders become busier, even more overwhelmed crisis managers.
Coaching Culture Leadership, where leaders at all levels are leading with a co-creative, ask-don’t-tell, collaborative, empowering, respectful Coaching Leadership style 65-70% of the time, is the future of leadership.
Organisations with Coaching Culture Leadership lead the pack with the best employee engagement, most effective collaboration, communication and innovation, empowered staff, and better succession plans. They are solution focused, high performance workplaces with engaged, happy and innovative people taking responsibility for their actions.
Our experience and research as Coaching Culture Leadership pioneers demonstrates that the best, most engaging leaders are Coaching Leaders approx 70% of the time.
The neuroscience research we base all our leadership programs on backs this up. The engagement research we base all our leadership programs on backs this up. The Positive Psychology and Social Motivators research we use backs this up.
Our deep practical experience across the Public and Private Sectors shows this is the case.
Our clients tell us we’re pioneers in our field. Leading the vanguard, we are crafting the best coaching culture leaders. Our pioneering, highly practical, neuroscience-based Coaching Culture Leadership programs, which are completely customised to align with client needs, set leaders up to be the best in their field.
We incorporate our years of experience with the latest neuroscience and evidence based, engagement knowledge to create Coaching Culture Leadership programs that you can apply immediately – and which get results!
“Bloody brilliant!” is what a Regional Asia Pacific Japan President said about our T.O.A.D.™ Coaching Leadership program!
01Coaching Culture Leadership
This is our most powerful training program ever. Don’t get me wrong, we do some damned good and damned practical training! However, this is the best of the best, and it has changed entire leadership cultures! “Bloody brilliant!” is what a Regional Asia Pacific Japan President said about our T.O.A.D.™ Coaching Leadership program!
This pioneering, super-practical, neuroscience and engagement research-based, highly interactive 1-day T.O.A.D.™ Coaching Leadership training program develops real-world practical Coaching Leadership skills for leaders to use 70% of the time: Every day. Every week. Every month.
The innovative, highly practical tools and models we give are applicable to leaders at all levels, from new managers to C-Suite and Boards.
Feedback from our clients tells us T.O.A.D.™ Coaching Leadership changes cultures. It gives leaders and teams a common language to improve leadership, performance, collaboration, innovation, teamwork, understanding, relationships and engagement.
Some of the elements of this “bloody brilliant” neuroscience-based Coaching Leadership Training are:
- Understand the practical neuroscience of how your brain works to coach and lead more effectively
- Learn and practice the T.O.A.D.™ Coaching whole-brain coaching approach. T.O.A.D.™ Coaching is our unique coaching leadership model for EVERYDAY coaching leadership.
- Developing a Growth Mindset as a Coaching Leader for better performance solution-focused empowerment improved thinking
- Advanced communication skills for leaders at all levels
- Lots of practice
This is Day 1 of our innovative Coaching Culture Leadership Development Program. You can have supporting post-training 1-1 coaching and also go deeper and gain advanced skills in Day 2
02Conflict Resolution –
Dealing with Difficult People
Our Managing Conflict – Dealing with Difficult People training offers super-practical conflict management solutions, practical tools, tips, methods and frameworks that actually work in the real world.
We’ve run this training for a wide range of teams in different scenarios from front line client/ counter/ customer service staff, to outdoor field operatives such as rangers, inspectors, etc.
The training equips participants to be proactive and constructive when and before problems arise.
This program is proven to get results for participants experiencing situations such as the following:
- Teams and individuals working in a high pressure environment with very challenging client service/customer facing roles, both counter and in the field based
- Staff dealing with frequent confrontation from difficult clients (internal and external)
- Severe conflict in the working environment amongst individuals and teams
- Mediating threats of disciplinary action or calling in the unions
- Ongoing, unreasonable behaviour often resulting in heated discussions
- Teams working as a group of individuals rather than as a team
- Divided teams prone to complaining, gossiping and moaning
- Managers dealing with fractious teams divided by conflict
- Teams who have recently been through changes that have left a negative impact on relations and the overall team environment
- Managers dealing with difficult individuals who are keen to bring the wider team on board collaboratively and constructively
- Individuals prone to defensiveness who desire techniques to better manage their state in the work place environment
- Individuals dealing frequently with challenging team members, clients or customers who need ways to address issues and move forwards effectively
03 Prevention of Bullying and Harassment
We take a neuroscience-based, preventative, culture-changing view of bullying and harassment as a primary focus. We teach skills that develop practical, real-world, day-to-day respectful behaviours that ensure bullying doesn’t happen.
This neuroscience-based program covers:
- Understanding differences between performance management, performance appraisal and critical developmental feedback and Bullying
- Practical neuroscience of how our brains work and how to apply that in (and out of) the workplace every day
- Everyone has a right to a safe workplace (free of bullying)
- What does/does not constitute bullying? Including up-wards bullying
- Focus both on how people give [regular, daily] feedback as well as how people receive it, as both are critical for building appropriately respectful communication in the workplace
- What are constructive, effective, respectful feedback/performance conversations
- A neuro-scientific look at bullying and feedback
- Address the previous feedback experiences of participants (successes, fears, impacts, what good practice looks like in reality)
- Learn and practice another way of communicating when confronted or needing to have a ‘difficult’ or performance conversation with a colleague/staff
- How to create a positive environment for making conversations and feedback constructive and meaningful
- Involve the participants to learn through demonstration and role plays written specifically in the context of the organisation and group
- Setting expectations, choosing an appropriate setting and getting the preparation right
- Reframing conversations and feedback to more constructive language (while still being realistic and practical)
- Skills for delivering negative feedback and dealing with defensiveness
- Skills and techniques for framing and communicating for a positive outcome
- The program is always customised to not only the organisations exact requirements, but also to each individual group using pre-course participant engagement to get contemporary scenarios relevant to the specific, local workplace.
04 Neuroscience-based Emotional Intelligence
Our Emotional Intelligence programs are underpinned by practical neuroscience, which not only gives people ‘the why’, but it also gives evidence-based strategies to improve ‘the how’. We combine the latest research and thinking with our deep experience to bring you Emotional Intelligence programs that get results.
Can Emotional Intelligence be learned? Yes, if people want to learn it, of course. We’ve transformed the Emotional Intelligence of leaders at all levels, including non-management staff and new managers, through to senior Executives. Our customisable programs include different levels of group training; group, peer and individual coaching programs and Emotional Intelligence 360° and individual assessments. One-on-one Executive Coaching combined with our EQ 360° assessment tool is often recommended for senior leaders.
Everything is customised to your needs, even each individual group of participants. And of course additional, highly specialist elements can be added. Tell us what you need…you come, we will build it!
Emotional Intelligence is now a critical leadership capability at all levels. The most effective and respected leaders in this ultra-competitive world have high levels of Emotional Intelligence, it’s a must for today’s successful leaders. A lack of it can quickly curtail a promising career, increase staff turnover and reduce productivity.
Your staff are your business. Take the people away and all you have is an empty office with a sign on the door/window. There is ample research indicating a robust correlation between high levels of Emotional Intelligence and improved performance and productivity.
Our neuroscience-based Emotional Intelligence programs are carefully designed to change on-the-ground behaviours in the workplace (and out of it!) to boost performance and fuel productivity as a result. And make for happier staff and leaders, in and out of the workplace.
Not only does Emotional Intelligence impact on your staff, it also impacts on your clients. Emotional Intelligence is critical to anyone in a client/customer service environment.
Our brain-based Emotional Intelligence (EQ) programs provide staff, managers and executives with practical tools to improve their EQ and their capabilities in leading and managing, as well as their understanding around themselves, their teams, decision making and improved resilience, to name a few.
Our take on Emotional Intelligence is that it’s all about the way you relate to, react and respond to, and the impact you have on others – from a completely holistic, 360-degree perspective. Whether you are a leader, peer, or a staff member, in an internal or external client-facing role, we build Emotional Intelligence to improve the practical ways people interact to create better teamwork and respectful, harmonious, happier, and more engaging relationships with staff, colleagues, management and clients alike. And hence boost productivity and fuel performance.
05 Giving and Receiving Feedback
Would you like to increase productivity by 26%? This program was internationally benchmarked by CEB Global (now Gartner) and resulted in an increase of productivity of an average of 26% in the teams of managers who undertook the program (surveyed 9-12 months after program completion).
Using applied Neuroscience and extremely practical tools, this popular Giving and Receiving Feedback Leadership Development program will transform your team’s feedback and leadership practices.
Applicable to holistic 360° day-to-day feedback as well as to more formal performance development and performance management conversations, it will empower, enable, motivate and promote understanding at all levels. We’ve also successfully run an adapted version of this as a specialised Prevention of Bullying program.
Every Giving and Receiving Feedback program is customised to your needs, even to each individual group of participants. And of course additional, highly specialist leadership training elements can be added.
The program covers super-practical techniques to use in day-to-day communication as well as formal feedback and difficult conversations. The program is proven to improve productivity, performance and work satisfaction.
We take a holistic, 360° view that all parties – givers and the receivers – are responsible in the process of giving and receiving feedback. It’s just as important for leaders to listen and accept feedback, as it is how they give it to the people who work with them.
The Giving and Receiving Feedback program has been customised to leaders at all levels, from new managers to top level executives. We’ve also had outstanding results when we’ve delivered tailored versions to non-management people across the organisation.
It’s proven to be applicable to managing up, down, and across the organisation, as well as influencing outside the organisation to customers and service providers, and in people’s personal lives.
If you want to develop of a culture of mutual respect and understanding through continuous constructive feedback and communication, both on a day-to-day basis as well as in performance appraisals, then this is the program for you.
2 351 leaders who undertook the program across Regional and Metropolitan areas were surveyed by CEB Global (the Global Corporate Leadership Council) 9-12 months after completion. The program was benchmarked against leadership programs across the world, including USA, UK, Europe, Australia, Asia, etc. The result was that the leaders said that as a direct result of the Giving and Receiving Feedback program, their teams’ productivity improved by an average of 26%.
06 Managing for Optimal Performance
This course emphasises how to create a positive, enabling, strengths-based team culture where people are recognised for a job well done and given practical support to develop, maintain and improve their performance when needed. This program will proactively reduce current and minimise future incidences of under-performance.
The course equips participants to lead their teams through a practice of extremely practical team empowerment and communication-based management. The course enables managers to set up a systematic yet very human and practical approach to having clear goals for team members and achieving clarity around expectations, thus diminishing the potential for conflict and proactively eliminating and preventing many of the factors that can lead to poor performance. This will boost performance and optimize and fuel a team’s productivity.
07Time Management and Effective Use of Email
This course is different! Trainers take participants through the theory, then on the same day go with participants back to their desks, and assist them in an IT room as they go to make sure they actually implement the practical information that they are being taught right there and then.
“The Outlook training has been the best, most practical training I have ever received. It has totally reduced my feelings of being overwhelmed and has reduced “email stress” immensely. I can not thank you enough.” Manager, NSW FACS
This Time Management and Effective use of Email training course imparts best practice time management principles: immediately useable, very practical tools, tips, methods, and frameworks that actually work in the real world, with amazing short cuts and tips to use Outlook to its best practical advantage.
As a result of this course, staff will miss less deadlines, stress less, get more done and get back up to 1 hour+ per day to spend on the important tasks (or go home earlier!), and get their inboxes down to ZERO unread emails!
This training doesn’t just focus on emails, it also shows people practical best-practice time management principles, and applies them to the real world, using Outlook as a tool to facilitate real change.
Who can benefit?
This is for you and your team, if you and/or your staff:
- Feel stressed and overwhelmed by your workload and to-do list
- Would like to learn how to get your inbox to ZERO unread emails
- Would like to gain an hour back per day
- Work long hours? Or wondering where your day goes and what you did
- Miss deadlines, or are often doing things last minute
- Are frustrated at the lack of productivity
- Are feeling like emails always seem to take over? Hard to make time for you and your family
- Feel constantly reactive, and find it hard to find time for important projects and proactive work
“I have learnt so much from this course and feel so much more organised. The two facilitators were interesting and engaging, and I feel like I can breathe.”Participant, Housing NSW
- Increased productivity through being more efficient and effective (do more with less)
- Staff stress less – less likelihood of burnout and absence from work
- Deadlines are more likely to be met
- Get inboxes down to ZERO unread emails, and sustain this ongoing
- Better prioritisation and take more focused action
- Increased accountability and awareness across the team if an entire team does it. This also promotes better teamwork and productivity
- Positive impact on the client service and the bottom line, as additional time is freed up for higher value projects, creativity and innovation
- Increased collaboration and overall improved team dynamics, as individuals feel in better control and in a more positive position to contribute beyond daily task management
- Higher focus on execution with more focus on optimal results and return on investment
- Reap the rewards of staff claiming an additional 1 hour time back
“I liked the easy to use guide, simplicity, able to grasp contents and hands on training.” Participant, Housing NSW
Like all of our programs this one can be tailored to the individual needs of every client, and can include integration of internal workflow and customer relationship management software and systems e.g. TRIM.
Every course also involves participants producing their own personal action plan using our Personal Improvement Grid.
The Powerful Conversations training program is based on neuroscience and is a highly practical and interactive 1-day training program to develop your ability as a leader to have consistently Powerful Conversations.
The main objectives of the day are to develop Powerful Conversation leadership skills in each individual and across the team in general. The team will a common language to improve leadership, teamwork, understanding, relationships and engagement.
Some of the elements of this “totally profound” Powerful Conversations leadership training are:
- Understand how your brain works to coach and lead more effectively
- Learn and practice the T.O.A.D. whole-brain coaching approach
- Understand the unique T.O.A.D. model to create a coaching culture in everyday leadership
- Brain-based coaching for solutions, insight, empowerment and improved thinking
- Coaching considerations: brain-based social motivators
- Practice and more!
The Powerful Conversations program can be anything from a 1-hour keynote overview to a multi-day, multi-discipline program spread over up to 12 months.